When using a 3rd party Phishing Training Tool you will want to make sure Agari Phishing Defense (APD) does not stop the messages from being delivered.
There are a few different methods for allowing these messages depending on how your vendor is configured, and if you have already started to send messages or not.
The first thing you should do is speak with your Phishing Vendor and receive the latest documentation and recommendations. This can include adding the vendor's IPs into your SPF record if you are spoofing your own domain.
Skipping the message in APD
Creating a processing exception within APD will completely skip the entire message and it will not show up in the portal or be scored.
- Contact your phishing training vendor for the latest identifiers.
- Under Manage > Organizations > Processing Exceptions, select the appropriate identifier to skip.
Use APD to move the message to the end users inbox
Creating a "move-to-inbox" policy will force the messages into the recipients' inbox.
- Contact your phishing training vendor and get the sending IPs of the messages.
- Under Manage > Policies create a New Policy and name it similar to "[Inbox Whitelist] >Phishing Vendor> Training Whitelist".
- Under Advanced, in the IP Address field, add the IP addresses your vendor gave you, comma-separated.
- Under the Enforcement Action, select Move to Inbox.
If a message matches multiple policies with different enforcement actions, the Move to Inbox action takes the highest precedence, followed by the Delete action, followed by the label with the highest position in the "Enforcement Settings" section on the organization page.
Messages are spoofing your own domain, have already been sent, and phishing vendor is showing up under Manage > Senders
If APD has been processing the phishing test messages for some time, and are spoofing your own domain, the vendor may show up under Manage > Senders, which can be approved as a sender for your domains. Find the vendor, or its IPs, and approve them to tell APD to allow them to send for your domain. Once approved it can take 24hrs to take effect.