While troubleshooting an issue you may be asked to run a detailed message trace in your 365 portal. The trace itself is mostly straight forward, but the information useful related to journaling is somewhat buried.
- Navigate to https://protection.office.com/messagetrace as an Exchange Admin.
- Click +Start a trace.
- Enter the needed criteria to find the messages in question (From, To, Message ID, etc).
- Select Summary Report as Report type.
- Click on the message in question.
- Expand the Message events - This will show you details of the messages path.
- Using your cursor, highlight all the message events and paste into a text editor. This will allow you to see the full details of the lines cut off.
- Provide the copied text to your representative.
The journal entry should verify that the message was successfully. You will need to copy the all the events to see the details of the journal address used.
Article is closed for comments.